November 19, 2006

Decisions and Opinions

I have a horrible time making decisions on larger purchases. For those of you that have shopped with me, I know that may surprise you. But spending $50 at a scrapbook store or department store is easy, and there are no deep financial implications. I feel no guilt on small purchases, because I know I can skip eating out a few times to make up frivolous spending. But bigger purchases send me into a state of vacillation. I start crunching numbers, I change my mind a zillion times, and I seek the guidance of everyone I know. And that is exactly where I am at right now. I need to make a decision and I need opinions.

For 4 months, I have been searching for a sideboard or server for mour dining room. I know exactly what I want and the purpose it will serve. I narrowed it down to four, but none of those were quite perfect. So today, I went to one last store. Nothing. But the salesperson gave me a thought - why not check the furniture I have (from zGallerie) to see who makes it? Voila! The manufacturer is Magnussen Home and I now have two more choices and a decision to make!

So, can you help me decide? I need something with just a little extra space for serving and storage. In particular, I need space to store linens. My china cabinet, shown here to the left <----------, has a wine holder that can be removed and I can fit more stuff into those drawers and bottom cabinets. I am showing you a traditional server and a bachelor chest of drawers in the same collection as my dining room furniture. They would both work in that space. Although you can't tell from the photo, they are the exact same wood. Which do you like? Thoughts? Opinions?

7 comments:

~Denise said...

first of all, I am the same way when it comes to spending money...

secondly, I LOVE your stuff...
I love the look of the server thing, but I think you would get more storage (hiding spots) out of the chest. Let us know which one you choose!

Anonymous said...

They are both beautiful! I think the bottom one mimics the looks of your china cabinet a little more, but either one would work, imo. I guess it depends if you need more storage...

Mrs. Bukovan and Miss Rossi said...

Hmmm, I think I like the traditional server better.

Anonymous said...

I vote for the chest too. I'm all for hiding things. Less to dust too.

And I love your china cabinet!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think I like the Bachelor's chess. But whatever you choose will be beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Have you decided yet? I like the chest best. You won't get as much serving room but lots more space to store stuff and it's hidden. Always a plus!!

Anonymous said...

Have you made a decision? Just curious...