August 8, 2006

The Look of Happy

What do you see first in this picture? The cake? My son's funny sunburnt face?

I see a weekend full of happy. I look at my tired face and I see the exhaustion and bliss of shopping non stop for two days. (That is a good thing) On all the boys' faces, I see the fun of a day spent at Kings Dominion, and maybe the satisfaction of a cold beer on the two older guys when they got home. On my niece I see the happiness of going back to school with tons of great news clothes. And on Louise I see the pride of having scored a couple of really good deals. It was a terrific weekend… right up until the two cars were packed full of shopping bags and on their way back to Pennsylvania!

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Mmmmmmmmm............... cake...

Did you save me a piece???????

HOW FUN THAT SHEPFEST WAS SUCH A HIT!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you all had so much fun! Great photo!