November 2, 2006

Alphabet Soup

I have this vision of an entire wall of my house filled with fun letters. Wood, fabric, metal, cork, canvas. It doesn't matter - but I want an entire wall of letters. My problem is that I am way too anal and that vision may never come to fruition. You see, I have to PLAN it out. Not by measuring... because those that KNOW me would realize I don't do that. But I have to be sure it will look good before I start buying. They have to be the right colors and font styles.

I have been keeping a list of all these great places to buy the letters. So far, I have one "S" in silver, about 14 inches high. Tonight I decided to shop for a few more letters to add to the collection. Lo and behold, the link went to an item on PB Teen that was SOLD OUT! *gasp* I think I *need* to quicken my shopping pace! Here is my list of alphabets, but please let me know if you have seen others!

Art and Artifact
Ballard Designs
Grandin Road
Another Grandin Road
Land of Nod
Another Land of Nod
Restoration Hardware
Anthropologie
The Company Store
Another Company Store
And yet another Company Store
Pottery Barn Kids
Another Pottery Barn Kids
Bombay Kids
Pier 1 Kids
Target
Miss Fitz
Another Miss Fitz
Rosenberry Rooms
Another Rosenberry Rooms
Craft Cuts
More Craft Cuts
Artistic Sensations
Crazy Scraps
Provo Craft
Seraph
Letters by Janna
Heirloom Wooden Toys

11 comments:

Samantha said...

Okay looking through all those letters was just WAY too much fun!! I still want to try and make my own canvas letters. I was thinking of doing something with a little dimension and using these paper-mache letters from Paper Source:

http://www.paper-source.com/cgi-bin/paper/stuff/craft_letters.html

Good luck! (and believe me I would be the same way with the planning!)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jenn you have been active! I love the idea. Where are you thinking of putting it in your house? I think the links you found are great! I was going to suggest Billard but I know you already know about that! Also Achievers’ has letters but I don't know if they have an online store. That’s were I got my black letters from. I wish you luck :)

Anonymous said...

Have I told you lately how brilliant you are? You are. I love this idea and plan to steal it ;) (I'll credit you :)
Are you just doing random letters? I bet you could figure out a way to make those canvas ones. If you had a birthday coming up, I know a girl whose husband is pretty handy with a saw ;)

Nancyroo said...

I love your idea and can't wait to see your wall!

linda t said...

Thank you soooo much for your awesome list!
Great sites!
I LOVE letters and ampersands!
So appreciate your info!

Anonymous said...

Okay, thanks for confirming that I am not the only letter freak. LOL Thanks for your list. :)

Laura said...

Wow, that is quite a list. I can't wait to see pictures when you get your wall completly filled with beautiful letter art.

Anonymous said...

Well, good luck with that. I bet it will be awesome when it's finished!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous idea! I can't wait to see how you decorate with them in your home. And if I come across any, I will let you know. Seems like you've got quite an extensive list going!

Oscar T. Grouch said...

A 14" S would be perfect for me, if you don't use it.

Paula... said...

What a totally cool idea and I'd be the same in planning it out to make sure it all looked right before adding it to the wall LOL. Please made sure you share when you finally do get your shopping sorted and the wall complete :))