February 26, 2007

Seasons Change

I woke up yesterday to snow falling in big beautiful flakes, covering the ground with the perfect snow for snowman building and sledding. It was the kind of snow that clings to trees and bushes in heavy clumps, and falls to the ground in large masses when the thermometer begins to rise. This picture was taken about two hours before the snow stopped; it is the view from my back door. We did go sledding, but without the camera as it was still spitting wet snow and a little rain. Even Beau went along, and had the best time chasing snowballs and sledders

Upon finishing the mandatory cup of hot chocolate after sledding, I retreated to my scrap room and turned my thoughts to Fall for this little mini album. Fall is my favorite season, even though I really do love a good snowstorm. This project is made with one of the little Starbucks sleeves, cardstock and Fiber Scraps papers. Lots of stamps, inks and QK shapes and letters. I did go back and add a little hand journaling after I took the photos. The photos on three of the pages are of my parent's farm in Pennsylvania, about a week before leaves hit their peak. It is just beautiful there in Fall.




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for the snow (oh, right. You like the snow. Weirdo ;)

That little booklet is SO CUTE! You are so creative I LOVE that you used a SB sleeve LOVE IT!

Samantha said...

Yeah I would say that's beautiful snow but I'm getting pretty sick of the stuff too!!

The mini book is beautiful! Very creative.

Anonymous said...

It was a nice way to spend a Sunday. And your book is lovely. My favorite colors are Fall colors. You captured some nice photos too.

Anonymous said...

Love the mini-book! I love scapping Fall pics. The colors are fab!

laurel said...

What an awesome idea! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!!! I love how you used the Fiber Scraps goodies! Amazing job, as always!

Anonymous said...

Dang! that is some snow!!!! Makes me cold just thinking about it.

Loving your mini-book. Gorgeous, as always.

Paula... said...

What an absolutely gorgeous photo of the photo - I so love snow photos, just not the cold that goes with it LOL.

What a clever girl making this album from the starbucks sleeves - I would never have thought of anything so creative. Autumn is my favourite season too, although you wouldn't think we were in it at the moment because it's still soooo hot!!