July 15, 2006

Letters and Cards

Real mail. Way back in the dark ages before e-mail, I used to get wonderful letters and cards from family and friends. I prided myself on how well I kept in touch with everyone, even as far back as friends from elementary school. But now I can't remember the last time I received anything other than a bill or junk mail in my mailbox. Other than an occasional birthday or thank you card, I have stopped writing to people I know other than in e-mail. Consequently, the people without e-mail do not hear from me. Isn’t that sad?

So, I have vowed to do better in the future. And for me, getting the letter labeled with postage is a chore. I created this little box to store mailing labels, notecards and stamps for some of my favorite family members. Now I have no excuse and at least once a month, I’ll be sending them real mail. And maybe I will get some back!

For the scrappers, the box is from Target and the paper and rub-ons are Janna's line from Junkitz.


5 comments:

Nancyroo said...

oh! those are so cute!

Anonymous said...

This is a totally great idea. I am just as bad about sending actual letters and cards. It appears that a tab is missing in that box, though... ;)

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to the absense of real mail - thanks for sharing with us!

Briana said...

Love the projects you made! What I did is I asked everyone interested to send me their birth date and I would send them a birthday card. So far I haven't missed one because I have them all setup in birthday alarm!

Mary said...

Great idea, Jen! I vowed to do the same over a month ago. So far, going strong. It's so important to receive something in the mail other than bills. Love the box you made!!