May 27, 2007

Saluting our Soldiers

I am literally heading out the door to Kansas City for my annual convention. But this is important.

I want to take the time to say my public thanks to all of troops - past and present. Sometimes it seems that holidays like Memorial Day get brushed aside as a day to start summer, a day for picnics, a day to hit the beach. I invite you all to stop and reflect on the true meaning of the day. To remember and honor all of our service men and women. If you see a soldier or veteran today or tomorrow - or anyday - thank them. Let them know their service was appreciated.

Every year I miss the services and events in DC (and there are alot) because I always have to go to my convention. This year, I am especially bummed, because Keni Thomas is singing at The Wall. I can't believe I have to miss it. You can get more details on his blog.

Have a great week!

5 comments:

Misti said...

Very well said. I have to admit that I've been guilty of not remembering the true reason for this holiday. I'm going to take the time to thank my father today for serving our country. Thank you for the reminder.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm a fellow scrapbooker who has been looking for a desk like the one you pictured a few posts ago. Will you please let me know where you got it?
-Thanks!
Shannon
paintingthewalls@cox.net

Leslie said...

With my DH gone this Memorial day serving our country in Korea for the year I had my flag out proudly for the holiday and for each day to come. Thanks for your tribute to the day.
Love the new banner...she did a fabulous job on making that for you!

Anonymous said...

We'll miss you Jen! And definitely thinking of the troops this year. My sister is in Afghanistan and I know how important it is to remember our soldiers here and abroad... every day.

Maybe you can see Keni on Youtube. ;)

Lorna Arlett said...

hope you had a great memorial weekend, by the way, your banner is great!