August 10, 2008

Friends

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. Albert Schweitzer

There are not enough words to express how lucky I am to have such good friends in my life. They listen when I need to talk, they give advice when I need it (even if it isn't what I want to hear), they cheer me up when I am feeling down. Now if I could just get them to come to zumba with me regularly, they would be priceless. Ok, ok, they don't need to do that to be priceless to me, but it would be nice to suffer with people I love.

This picture was taken last night: Maggie, Michelle, Diana and I went to a local country bar to socialize, celebrate the passing of another decade in my life, dance and drink a little and listen to the band. (It was so cold when we got there that Maggie joked she needed hot tea and the waitress actually brought it.) There were far less young "cowboys" there than when I used to go dancing. Or maybe they just all grew old with me. It was a sad fact that the view on the dance floor was not as I remembered. I am off to mourn the loss, perhaps I shall rent Urban Cowboy to cheer me up.

Thanks, my friends, for the fun night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the reason they weren't that many young cowboys there is because young ones come after midnight...we old ones go home early..lol

Anonymous said...

hey Jen - Happy belated birthday... Jennie